Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
“The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act or, CARES Act, was passed by Congress and signed by President Donald Trump on March 27th, 2020. This bill allotted $2.2 trillion to provide fast and direct economic aid to the American people negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Of that money, approximately $14 billion was given to the Office of Postsecondary Education as the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, or HEERF.” – U.S. Department of Education
1. On July 12, 2020, Sierra College of Beauty has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and has used, and intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $160,936.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (of the latest and final report available) is $160,936.00 as of September 30, 2021.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution who are or could be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, and thus are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 134.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 103 as of September 30, 2021.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is to all Title IV eligible programs. Students who were active in their enrollment are eligible for HEERF.
7. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund is granted to students who need assistance in order to cover any expenses that are related to any disruptions brought upon them due to COVID-19, such as housing, food, materials for the course, childcare, healthcare, technology, etc. For any questions please reach out to Tami Whiteley/School Director at (209)723-2989.